How To Make Dalgona Coffee At Home
According to Google Trends, “Dalgona coffee” has become the most searched type of coffee worldwide. The name “Dalgona” originates from an old fashioned Korean street snack, which has a similar taste to honeycomb toffee. The way Dalgona is made resembles the colour of toffee, so a well-known TV personality named the coffee after it, and so the trend began!
Here's our super tasty Dalgona Coffee recipe you can easily make at home.
- 1 tbsp of instant coffee (we use True Start's instant coffee)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 250ml milk (enough to fill 3/4 of a mug)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the instant coffee and sugar with 2 tablespoons of hot water
- Beat together using an electric whisk (you can whisk it manually by hand. It still works! Just whisk it about 400 times)
- Whisk the mixture until stiff peaks form – the peaks will hold their shape when you lift out the beater
- Add the ice cubes in a mug then pour over the milk
- Spoon the whipped coffee on top