Making the Perfect Cold Brew!
There is no secret to making an exceptional cold brew, nor does it require the ninja-level skills of a trained barista in order to master. You don’t even need major equipment and can choose whether or not you use a cold brew maker.
Where To Start
Here are some basic steps to creating a beautiful Cold Brew. Firstly grind your coffee coarsely. You can do this yourself providing you have a grinder or have it done wherever you buy your beans. Then combine the grounds with water, and let it sleep overnight. Throughout the night, the coffee slowly infuses into the water, creating a strong, concentrated cold brew. Strain the next morning, or, if you have a Cold Brew Maker, there is no need to strain. It's that simple.
Basic Tips For Success
1. Make sure the beans are coarsely ground.
2. Use filtered water if possible. Your coffee will have a sweater, cleaner taste.
3. Leave your brew alone! For maximum flavour, leave your brew to sit for at least 12 hours. It’s fine to cut the time a little short, but you don't want the coffee to be weak or lack taste. You also don’t want to leave it too long as your drink will become bitter.
4. Use ice cubes in your brew!
5. Purchasing a Cold Brew Maker may make the whole process even easier! Check out this Cold Brew Maker Set to get you going...
So why do we cold brew?
This coffee-making method is a long process, however, one that allows the coffee flavours to infuse slowly resulting in maximum flavour. The process also leaves behind the majority of compounds within the coffee bean that can taste bitter or even sour. This means your brew will be incredibly smooth, sweet and chilled. The perfect morning brew in that spring sun!
In short. It's delicious.