Top Tips: Manual Grinding
Time to get your grind on
If you’re a coffee lover, a manual grinder will be extremely familiar to you! For the coffee connoisseur, grinding coffee is not only the first step but is one of the most important steps to making delicious coffee.
Hario offers an array of grinders, including manuals. One of the most beneficial elements of the manual grinder is the ceramic burr mechanism designed to mill coffee beans consistently. It also offers precision and versatility meaning you can choose the type of grind you wish to achieve, from coarse, to very fine.
Here are the Top Tips for achieving the best grind for your desired coffee:
- Use freshly roasted coffee beans. This is arguably the most important aspect of any manual brew
- Use the ground coffee on the same day. The longer you leave freshly ground beans, the more the aromas and flavours begin to deplete from the beans. This means that precision when weighing is key. It also helps avoid any waste so it’s a win-win!
- When you’re manually grinding. A top tip is to place the grinder on a flat surface when grinding. All Hario skerton grinders have an anti-slip sleeve to help stabilise the process.
- Once a month, clean your grinder! Take it apart, gently clean the burrs by adding a small amount of soapy water. Super easy clean, plus it won’t rust.
If you're grinding for filter coffee. We suggest grinding your beans to a medium grind.
Check out these Manual Grinders from Hario:
The Skerton PRO manual grinder has a slick anti-slip grip which ensures a truly stable grind. While the top transparent lid prevents the beans from scattering. Make the stunning Skerton PRO hand grinder part of your morning ritual.
Hario's Skerton is one of the most popular grinders on the market. The 'hopper' will hold enough beans to nearly fill the jar below. There are 3 massive bonuses to this grinder.
1) the silicone lid keeps any beans from leaping out onto the kitchen floor.
2) the jar comes with a lid so you can grind more than you need for the day and seal it to keep it fresh.
3) The grind adjuster is easy to use and makes fine adjusting your grind easy to lock-in.
Check out Hario products today and get your grind on.